June 27, 2009
The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence
On my tweet dated 9:44 AM Jun 13th, I presented The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence.
The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence: Mentoring (6)>Facilitating (5)>Sharing (4)>Teaching (3)>Preaching (2)>Instructing (1)>Hording (0) 9:44 AM Jun 13th
It should first be noted that in my original tweet, there was a typo on my part. Hoarding (accumulation) was the intended spelling instead of Hording (clan) and will be used in its proper intent/spelling going forward.
The six levels are in hierarchical order with the ???>??? indicating which is greater than the other. They are also numbered in order of levels (The Six Levels). Although called The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence, it is actually comprised of a seventh level (Level 0) called Hoarding, which is the Antithesis of Knowledge Transcendence.
The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence are again as follows:
- Level 0: Hoarding
- Level 1: Instructing
- Level 2: Preaching
- Level 3: Teaching
- Level 4: Sharing
- Level 5: Facilitating
- Level 6: Mentoring
A Definition of Terms
To better comprehend The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence, I believe it is important to first review the definition of the words themselves. Future posts will dig into each of the levels in evolving detail. I am sharing the evolution of this theory with you in near real time and value your comments and insight.
six // (sks)n.
- The sixth in a set or sequence.
- Something having six parts, units, or members.
Idiomat sixes and sevensIn a state of confusion or disorder.
- Relative position or rank on a scale.
- A relative degree, as of achievement, intensity, or concentration.
- A natural or proper position, place, or stage.
- Position along a vertical axis; height or depth.
- The state or fact of knowing.
- Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
- The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
- Learning; erudition: teachers of great knowledge.
- Specific information about something.
- Carnal knowledge. (I kept this on the list just so that I can say FUCK in its intended context )
Knowledge Visualization focuses on transferring insights and creating new knowledge in groups. Beyond the mere transfer of facts, knowledge visualization aims to further transfer insights, experiences, attitudes, values, expectations, perspectives, opinions, and predictions by using various complementary visualizations.
- Surpassing others; preeminent or supreme.
- Lying beyond the ordinary range of perception.
- Transcending the Aristotelian categories.
- In Kant???s theory of knowledge, being beyond the limits of experience and hence unknowable.
- Being above and independent of the material universe.
Hoarding (Level 0)
hoard (h??rd, hrd)n.
- A hidden fund or supply stored for future use; a cache.v. hoard??ed, hoard??ing, hoardsv.intr.
- To gather or accumulate a hoard.v.tr.
- To accumulate a hoard of.
- To keep hidden or private.
Instructing (Level 1)
in??struct // (n-strkt)v. in??struct??ed, in??struct??ing, in??structsv.tr.
- To provide with knowledge, especially in a methodical way.
- To give orders to; direct.v.intr.
- To serve as an instructor.
Preaching (Level 2)
preach (prch)v. preached, preach??ing, preach??esv.tr.
- To proclaim or put forth in a sermon.
- To advocate, especially to urge acceptance of or compliance with.
- To deliver (a sermon).v.intr.
- To deliver a sermon.
- To give religious or moral instruction, especially in a tedious manner.
Teaching (Level 3)
teach??ing // (tchng)n.
- The act, practice, occupation, or profession of a teacher.
- Something taught.
- A precept or doctrine.
Sharing (Level 4)
- A part or portion belonging to, distributed to, contributed by, or owed by a person or group.v. shared, shar??ing, sharesv.tr.
- To participate in, use, enjoy, or experience jointly or in turns.
- To relate (a secret or experience, for example) to another or others.v.intr.
- To allow someone to use or enjoy something that one possesses.
- To use or enjoy something jointly or in
Facilitating (Level 5)
fa??cil??i??tate // (f-sl-tt)
tr.v. fa??cil??i??tat??ed, fa??cil??i??tat??ing, fa??cil??i??tates
- To make easy or easier.
Mentoring (Level 6)
men??tor // (mnt??r, -tr)n.
- A wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
- Mentor Greek Mythology Odysseus???s trusted counselor, in whose guise Athena became the guardian and teacher of Telemachus.v. men??tored, men??tor??ing, men??tors Informalv.intr.
- To serve as a trusted counselor or teacher, especially in occupational settings.v.tr.
- To serve as a trusted counselor or teacher to (another person).
| Tagged: @42DeepThought
Posted by 42DeepThought
Wow this brings me back circa 2009 > The Six Levels of Knowledge Transcendence ?? Deep Reflections by 42DeepThought